So this is a list of things I did NOT have to do tonight because the kids were overnight at my sisters:
- Hide my purse, which otherwise would've been tossed for treats/gum, and pennies.
- Hide my car keys, to deter alarm button pushing mania.
- Change the T.V. channel to Disney or Sprout before I go to bed so the kids aren't watching goodness knows what while I'm in the shower in the morning, like umm, some horror flick, or Jerry Springer.
- Clean, clean, clean, trains, tracks, animals, toys, Lego's, etc.
- Prepare lunch and snacks for the next day.
- Set out clothing for the next day and pack bags.
Don't have to make anyone's breakfast but my own.
Don't have to change any diapers.
Don't have to yell, ask, yell, remind, redirect or count to three.
Don't have to look for shoes, find shoes, and buckle shoes for anyone but me (and I know where mine are).
Don't have to buckle anyone in the car but me.
Don't have to listen to children's music on the way to work, I get to pick, wooohooo.
Folks I may be able to finish an entire cup of coffee While it's still warm! I know, dreaming big.
But....I miss them, and I can't wait until they are back.